April 5-6 & 6-7, 2019
We look forward to working with your troop on transformative arts and learning experiences to help build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!
- Brownies & Juniors (plus any girls in grades 2-5)
- Fun-Filled Weekends at Appel Farm in beautiful, rural South Jersey
- Creative Activities that encourage critical thinking and skill building
- Earn Badges in workshops designed specifically for Girl Scouts
Crafty Campout Programming
Brownies and Juniors are invited to join us for an overnight camp experience. Located on 115 acres of beautiful fields and woods, Appel Farm is an idyllic (and ideal!) spot for girls to spend time connecting, sharing and learning. Our engaging curriculum is designed to teach girls about science, the environment and social issues through workshops in the visual and performing arts and to help Girl Scouts earn up to 5 badges. Girls have the opportunity to meet other girls from around the tri-state region in a supportive and safe environment that fosters community, personal growth and critical thinking.
Stay for 1 night and earn 2 badges. Stay for 2 nights and earn 5 badges!
- Potters & Painters Badges for Brownies (grades 2-3)
- Drawing & Jewelry Badges for Juniors (grades 4-5)
- Dance & Outdoor Art Creator Badges for Brownies (grades 2-3)
- Juniors Gardening & Outdoor Art Explorer Badges for Juniors (grades 4-5)
- Scouts who stay for 2 nights also earn an Appel Farm Artist Badge!
- 1-Night Scouts $75, Chaperones $35
Register by 3/1 to save $5 on each 1-Night Scout!
- 2-Night Scouts: $150, Chaperones $70
Register by 3/1 to save $10 on each 2-Night Scout!
- Our Chaperone/Girl Ratio is 1:6 for Brownies and 1:8 for Juniors. Please register an adult chaperone for every 6-8 girls.
- All inclusive price includes accommodations, delicious and healthy meals and snacks, workshop supplies, and badges.
- Register online here with a non-refundable $105 registration deposit to reserve spots for your estimated number of girls and chaperones.
- We will contact you via email to confirm your numbers on March 22, and your balance will be due by April 5, 2019.
- You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 856-358-2472 or with questions, to register, or to make payments over the phone.
Our goals for the girls are based on the 6 Cs of Positive Youth Development.
Our over-arching goal for Crafty Campout is to create a supportive and safe environment that fosters community and personal growth as scouts explore their creativity, learn new artistic skills, and earn badges by which they remember the adventure and show the world what they’ve accomplished (Contribution).
Read on to find the answer to the important question: “What will my troop gain from Crafty Campout at Appel Farm?”
- Explore new art forms and develop their creative and artistic skills (Competence)
- Develop self confidence and self-awareness by learning how art can help express their thoughts and feelings (Confidence)
- Practice kindness and build relationship with troop mates and other scouts through collaborative, community building activities (Connection, Character & Caring)
- Have fun learning through engaging activities
Appel Farm is only 15 minutes from Bridgeton & Mullica Hill, 35 minutes from Philadelphia and Wilmington, and 90 minutes from Princeton, Cape May, and the Easton, PA areas.