April 3-5, 2020
We look forward to working with your troop on transformative arts and learning experiences to help build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!
- Daisies, Brownies, Juniors & Cadettes (plus any girls in grades K-8)
- Fun-Filled Weekends at Appel Farm in beautiful, rural South Jersey
- Creative Activities that encourage critical thinking and skill building
- Earn Badges in workshops designed specifically for Girl Scouts
Crafty Campout Programming
Brownies and Juniors are invited to join us for an overnight camp experience. Located on 115 acres of beautiful fields and woods, Appel Farm is an idyllic (and ideal!) spot for girls to spend time connecting, sharing and learning. Our engaging curriculum is designed to teach girls about art, the outdoors, and STEM through workshops in the visual and performing arts and to help Girl Scouts earn up to 5 badges. Girls have the opportunity to meet other girls from around the tri-state region in a supportive and safe environment that fosters community, personal growth and critical thinking.
Stay for 1 night and earn 2 badges. Stay for 2 nights and earn 5 badges! Or, come for the day and earn 2 badges!
Daisies: Outdoor Art Maker & Mechanical Engineering: Board Game
Brownies: Outdoor Art Creator & Dancer
Juniors: Outdoor Art Explorer & Digital Photographer
Cadettes: Outdoor Art Apprentice & Book Artist
Get excited for the 2020 Appel Farm Artist Workshop for 2-Night Scouts!
Daisies: Mechanical Engineering: Roller Coaster & Robotics 1: What Robots Do
Brownies: Painting & Robotics 1: Designing Robots
Juniors: Musician & Robotics 1: Designing Robots
Cadettes: Comic Artist & Robotics 1: Designing Robots
- 1-Night: Scouts $75, Chaperones $35
- 2-Nights: Scouts: $150, Chaperones $70
- Day Pass: Scouts $35, Chaperones $10.
- Our Chaperone/Girl Ratio is 1:6 for Brownies and 1:8 for Juniors. Please register an adult chaperone for every 6-8 girls.
- All inclusive price includes accommodations, delicious and healthy meals and snacks, workshop supplies, and badges.
- Register online here with a non-refundable $100 registration deposit to reserve spots for your estimated number of girls and chaperones.
- We will contact you via email to confirm your numbers on March 19, 2020, and your balance will be due by April 3, 2020.
- You can always email us at [email protected] or call us at 856-358-2472 or with questions, to register, or to make payments over the phone.
Our goals for the girls are based on the 6 Cs of Positive Youth Development.
Our over-arching goal for Crafty Campout is to create a supportive and safe environment that fosters community and personal growth as scouts explore their creativity, learn new artistic skills, and earn badges by which they remember the adventure and show the world what they’ve accomplished (Contribution).
Read on to find the answer to the important question: “What will my troop gain from Crafty Campout at Appel Farm?”
- Explore new art forms and develop their creative and artistic skills (Competence)
- Develop self confidence and self-awareness by learning how art can help express their thoughts and feelings (Confidence)
- Practice kindness and build relationship with troop mates and other scouts through collaborative, community building activities (Connection, Character & Caring)
- Have fun learning through engaging activities
Appel Farm is only 15 minutes from Bridgeton & Mullica Hill, 35 minutes from Philadelphia and Wilmington, and 90 minutes from Princeton, Cape May, and the Easton, PA areas.