Apply Now for the 2021-22 School Year!
Lottery on January 14, 2021; apply by January 13th at Midnight.
This TUITION-FREE CHOICE for middle school students in 5-8th grade provides personalized hands-on, creative and fun learning that helps prepare youth with 21st century skills. Creativity CoLaboratory offers a STEAM Curriculum that puts arts in the mix: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math. The arts teach communication and expression. Arts integration at school makes learning even more accessible, fun and effective for every type of kid.
Students from Pittsgrove, Elmer, Upper Pittsgrove, Alloway, Woodstown/Pilesgrove, Upper Deerfield, Elk, Franklin, South Harrison school districts will be given priority, though students from anywhere in New Jersey will also be eligible. Read more below!
A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Welcome to the C3 webpage!
What is C3?
We are a NJ public charter middle school that is focused on children. While we clearly believe in a robust curriculum and rigorous academic experience, our focus is on the kids’ experience. We want our students to love coming to school, to love learning, and to enjoy each other.
What is the C3 Curriculum?
Our curriculum is focused on STEAM — science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics. Our teachers use a constructivist approach to teaching — that means, children learn by discovering and by doing. We do not primarily “talk at” children but rather guide them in their own active learning.
The Arts at C3.
C3 is intentionally arts-focused. Appel Farm Arts and Music Campus is the parent organization of our school. As such we want to continue the arts education legacy and core mission of Appel Farm. We want our students to learn to and grow in their self expression through the arts and in their appreciation of the arts. We also see the arts as a wonderful vehicle for supporting learning in core curriculum subjects.
The Outdoors at C3.
C3 is located on the beautiful 116-acre campus of Appel Farm. We have 4 large covered outdoors spaces, which are often used as outdoor teaching spaces. We believe that it is both healthy and fun for students to be outside and to learn outside. We want our students to be active during their breaks and recess periods. And, we believe in the value of recess and play. For that reason we have a 15-minute morning and afternoon breaks and a mid-day recess period.
Classes at C3 consist of 12 students. During the 20-21 school year there may be times when class size will shift larger or smaller a bit due to the impact of COVID and needing to offer a variety of instructional models. But, our goal is to always have classes of 12.
Social Emotional Learning:
A pillar of our philosophy of education is that children are “whole people” and we need to educate the “whole child”. Therefore we focus on social emotional learning in addition to academics. Rather than focusing on discipline, we focus on restorative practices. We want every aspect of school to be about learning in all dimensions of life.
In short C3 is a positive and healthy place where children learn and grow in all aspects of life.
Dr. Loren ThomasInterim Chief School Administrator/Principal
Creativity CoLABoratory Charter School
2020-21 REOPENING PLAN and COVID-SPECIFIC POLICIES
The C3 Reopening Plan and Covid-Specific Policies meet or exceed the CDC guidance, address all the issues raised in the NJDOE The Road Back document, and incorporate the best practices that we currently know. Click on the links below to read the plan and policies.
THE MISSION OF THE CREATIVITY COLABORATORY CHARTER SCHOOL
To create a nurturing and compelling learning community that engages young people in an arts integrated STEAM curriculum, allowing them to thrive and be their best selves.
VIRTUAL INFO SESSIONS & IN-PERSON SCHOOL TOURS
Join us online or in person to learn more!
Virtual Info Sessions
Join us via Zoom to connect with the C3 Community! Learn all about our curriculum and school culture from the Founders, Principal, Teachers, Parents, and Students! Learn all about the application and lottery, and how seats are awarded for school year 2021-22. Ask questions, and learn everything you need to know to decide if C3 is the right school for your child.
- November 9, 2020 at 5:30 PM
- November 19, 2020 at 11:00 AM
- December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM
- December 14, 2020 at 5:30 PM
- January 7, 2021 at 11:00 AM
In-Person School Tours
Join us for an informational walk around our campus! See the school grounds and classrooms, ask questions, and learn about the arts & learning at Creativity CoLaboratory! Tours are limited to a small group of up to 8 visitors per tour. Visitors must wear a mask, and follow proper social distancing. Please self-screen for fever and COVID-like symptoms before attending the tour, and reschedule if there is a chance you are positive. Expect a COVID screening upon arrival: temperature scan and questions. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe!
- November 17-19, 2020 from 4:30-5:30 PM or 5:30-6:30 PM
- December 8-10, 2020 from 4:30-5:30 PM or 5:30-6:30 PM
- January 12-14, 2021 from 4:30-5:30 PM or 5:30-6:30 PM
NEWS & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Keep up with the most recent news about Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School at Appel Farm!
School Year Calendar
- The 2020-21 School Year is right around the corner. Click here to see the 2020-21 School Year Calendar.
Request for Proposals
School Board Meetings
- The Board of Trustees will meet on the second Tuesday of each month, unless noted, at 4:30pm on the main floor of the Appel Farm Arts & Music Ca office. All regular meetings, therefore, shall be held on the following dates: Jul. 21, 2020; Aug. 25, 2020; Sep. 8, 2020; Oct. 13, 2020; Nov. 10, 2020; Dec. 8, 2020; Jan. 12, 2021; Feb. 9, 2021; Mar. 9, 2021; Apr. 13, 2021; May 11, 2021; Jun. 8, 2021. Click here to read the Public Notice Resolution.
- Board Meeting dates for Employment Contract Re-newal and Non-Re-newals have been set. Click here to read the Public Notice Resolution.
- Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School District Plan for Instructional Continuity has been posted. Click here to read the plan.
School Board Minutes
Join the Team at Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School
Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School (C3) is in search of a new dynamic Principal for New Jersey’s first ever arts-integrated, STEAM curriculum focused, 5th-8th grade middle school. Having opened for the first time just this past August, the school is searching for a leader who can solidify the vision of the original founders.
All interested candidates should send a “creative” introduction, accompanied with a cover letter that addresses your educational philosophy and resume to [email protected] by December 13th, 2019. Click here to learn more about this position.
Join our mailing list, get involved with the charter school, and learn about opportunities for enrollment, school planning and development, community outreach, faculty and staff, and educational partnerships: Get Involved with Creativity CoLaboratory. If you have any other questions, you can always email us at [email protected] or call 856-358-3326.
THE CREATIVITY COLABORATORY APPROACH TO TEACHING & LEARNING
We believe that learning should be fun and exciting and that youth should be actively involved in their education. The rigorous STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) curriculum will be anchored in the New Jersey Student Learning Standards and will be delivered in a digitally-enhanced, project-based learning environment. Relevant, hands-on programming will integrate the school and community to create an authentic education experience. The development of character, leadership skills, and community responsibility is at the heart of our whole-child approach and ensures students have the knowledge and skills to become contributing members of a democratic society.
THE CREATIVE COLABORATORY BENEFITS
- Cultural experiences to connect students with real world opportunities
- Learning from a range of professionals in diverse career fields
- 1:1 Technology
- Weekend retreats
The Benefits of STEAM Education
- Exploring multiple subjects simultaneously through a STEAM education model allows students to consider a broader range of perspectives when solving problems. Whereas traditional education models teach fact-based knowledge, STEAM education provides students with the tools needed to thrive in the 21st century: creativity, innovation, communication, and collaboration.
- Arts students are 55% more likely to attend post-secondary schools than students who don’t take arts classes.
The more arts classes taken in high school the higher the student achievement in GPA, graduation rate, state tests, and SAT.
- The more arts classes students take, the less likely they are to drop out by nearly 20% across the arts disciplines.
When liberal arts are integrated with science, project-based learning, and technology, student achievement increases in science and math as well. STEAM prepares students for the future and acts as a catalyst to accelerate learning.