The Next Enrollment Lottery for 2020-21 will be held on March 10, 2020 at 2:00 PM at Appel Farm.
Applications for this Lottery due by March 9, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
This TUITION-FREE CHOICE for middle school students in 5-8th grade provides personalized hands-on, creative and fun learning that helps prepare youth with 21st century skills. Creativity CoLaboratory offers a STEAM Curriculum that puts arts in the mix: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math. The arts teach communication and expression. Arts integration at school makes learning even more accessible, fun and effective for every type of kid.
Students from Pittsgrove, Elmer, Upper Pittsgrove, Alloway, Woodstown/Pilesgrove, Upper Deerfield, Elk, Franklin, South Harrison school districts will be given priority, though students from anywhere in New Jersey will also be eligible. Read more below!
THE MISSION OF THE CREATIVITY COLABORATORY CHARTER SCHOOL
To create a nurturing and compelling learning community that engages young people in an arts integrated STEAM curriculum, allowing them to thrive and be their best selves.
NEWS & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Keep up with the most recent news about Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School at Appel Farm!
School Board Meetings
- The Board of Trustees will meet on the second Tuesday of each month, unless noted, at 4:30pm on the main floor of the Appel Farm Arts & Music Center office. All regular meetings, therefore, shall be held on the following dates: Nov. 12, 2019; Dec. 10, 2019; Jan. 14, 2020;, Feb. 11, 2020; Mar. 10, 2020; April 14, 2020; May 12, 2020; Jun. 9, 2020. Click here to read the Public Notice Resolution.
School Board Minutes
Join the Team at Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School
Creativity CoLaboratory Charter School (C3) is in search of a new dynamic Principal for New Jersey’s first ever arts-integrated, STEAM curriculum focused, 5th-8th grade middle school. Having opened for the first time just this past August, the school is searching for a leader who can solidify the vision of the original founders.
All interested candidates should send a “creative” introduction, accompanied with a cover letter that addresses your educational philosophy and resume to [email protected] by December 13th, 2019. Click here to learn more about this position.
Join our mailing list, get involved with the charter school, and learn about opportunities for enrollment, school planning and development, community outreach, faculty and staff, and educational partnerships: Get Involved with Creativity CoLaboratory. If you have any other questions, you can always email us at [email protected] or call 856-358-3326.
A MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDING BOARD
We know that experiences affect learning. We know that educating the whole-child is essential to raising thoughtful, contributing community members. We know that students will master more when they are engaged in their learning and having fun. We know that not all students flourish in a traditional learning environment. We know that alternative, arts integrated education models work and help students thrive.
A group of committed citizens has identified a need in our community; a need for a school that will help all students be their best. This group also deeply believes in the core values of Appel Farm – Safety, Community, Diversity, Fun, & Personal Growth – and recognizes Appel Farm’s successful approach to arts education. To that end we have decided to start a charter school, housed at Appel Farm and based on their approach, but that is an independent organization. Please join us in helping our community by showing your support and ensuring that all students have the opportunity to succeed. ~ The Founding Board
THE CREATIVITY COLABORATORY APPROACH TO TEACHING & LEARNING
We believe that learning should be fun and exciting and that youth should be actively involved in their education. The rigorous STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) curriculum will be anchored in the New Jersey Student Learning Standards and will be delivered in a digitally-enhanced, project-based learning environment. Relevant, hands-on programming will integrate the school and community to create an authentic education experience. The development of character, leadership skills, and community responsibility is at the heart of our whole-child approach and ensures students have the knowledge and skills to become contributing members of a democratic society.
THE CREATIVE COLABORATORY BENEFITS
- Cultural experiences to connect students with real world opportunities
- Learning from a range of professionals in diverse career fields
- 1:1 Technology
- Weekend retreats
The Benefits of STEAM Education
- Exploring multiple subjects simultaneously through a STEAM education model allows students to consider a broader range of perspectives when solving problems. Whereas traditional education models teach fact-based knowledge, STEAM education provides students with the tools needed to thrive in the 21st century: creativity, innovation, communication, and collaboration.
- Arts students are 55% more likely to attend post-secondary schools than students who don’t take arts classes.
The more arts classes taken in high school the higher the student achievement in GPA, graduation rate, state tests, and SAT.
- The more arts classes students take, the less likely they are to drop out by nearly 20% across the arts disciplines.
When liberal arts are integrated with science, project-based learning, and technology, student achievement increases in science and math as well. STEAM prepares students for the future and acts as a catalyst to accelerate learning.