Appel Farm is thrilled to host the 2020 Gloucester and Salem County Teen Arts Festival!
Introducing the VIRTUAL 2020 Gloucester and Salem County Teen Arts Festival!
- Virtual Festival: The 2020 Gloucester and Salem County Teen Arts Festival has been reimagined as a fully virtual festival.
- Please join us via Zoom on Wednesday, April 1st from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM for Virtual Teen Arts live Visual & Performing Arts Workshops, One-on-One Vual Art Porttfolio Review, Visual Art Shows, the Annual Teen Arts Open Mic, and more! Sign up to gain access here.
- Click here to learn more about virtual adjudication! How to prepare your entry, how to save and submit your entry, tips, and more! Submissions will be due by: April 27th. Our team of artists will adjudicate virtually during the week of May 4-7, and release nominees on May 8th.
- Please contact us at 856-358-2472 or [email protected] with questions or ideas to make this work for your school and students!
Middle and high school students from Salem and Gloucester County are invited to join Appel Farm online to perform and exhibit their work for professional adjudicators who will provide valuable feedback. Students will also experiment & learn online, in visual and performing arts workshops, connect with other artsy teens, and celebrate the amazing talent in Salem and Gloucester County!
Who can participate?
Middle and high school students, or the age/grade equivalent, from public, charter, parochial, or home school organizations in Gloucester and Salem Counties in New Jersey may participate. In most cases, a coordinator from the school will register, and work with teachers to enter students’ work. Students: If your school does not register, you can register as an individual entrant. Individual entrants who are under the age of 18 should register with a parent/guardian listed as the coordinator. Individual entrants who are 18+ should register with themselves listed as the coordinator. Individual entrants will enter their own work.
Anyone and everyone is invited to join us LIVE on Facebook for virtual arts workshops and a college fair on Wednesday, April 1st from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM!
- Early Bird Registration, due by February 7, 2020:
- Registration, final registrations due by March 6, 2020:
- Click here to complete your Registration Form.
- Submit a copy of your Registration Form, which will be emailed to you, to your School Business Office for payment via check or money order made payable to Appel Farm, PO Box 888, Elmer, NJ 08318.
Teen Arts Disciplines
Genre (# of Performers Performance, Submission Limit)
- Dance (Any #, 4 Minutes)
- Vocal/Choral Solo or Small (1-8 ,4 Minutes)
- Vocal/Choral Large (9+, 12 Minutes)
- Drama Solo or Small ( 1-8, 4 Minutes)
- Drama Large (9+, 15 Minutes)
- Musical Theatre Solo or Small (1-8, 4 Minutes)
- Musical Theatre Large (9+, 15 Minutes)
- Instrumental Solo or Small (1 -8, 4 Minutes)
- Instrumental Large (9+, 12 Minutes)
- Piano (1-2, 4 Minutes)
- Guitar (Any #, 4 Minutes)
- Video (12 Minutes)
- Creative Writing or Poetry (4-Page Max. for Prose, 2-Page Max for Poetry)
- Visual Arts 2-D or Photography (3-Piece Max., Size Limit 36 x 36”)
- Visual Arts 3-D (3-Piece Max., Size Limit 36 x 36”)
Important Next Steps
- After submitting your Registration Form and Fee, please submit Entry Forms for each entry (piece of art, ensemble, etc.) to be adjudicated. Entry Forms are due by March 20, 2020 without exception. Click here to submit Entry Forms.
- Please submit a Release Form for each student who is attending the Festival, to be completed by a Parent/Guardian and student. We will appreciate your help in encouraging your students’ compliance. Click here to submit Release Forms.
- Please read the Entry Guidelines for additional important information about how to prepare each entry for adjudication. Please note that there are new procedures for delivering Visual Art submission this year, and make plans to hang and display your students’ entries. Click here to download the Entry Guidelines.
- Visit the New Jersey State Teen Arts website learn more about the state-wide Adjudication Rubrics & Critiques to help students prepare for their showcases and gain an understanding of what will be covered during their Adjudication. Click here to download adjudication rubrics.
- Visual Arts entries must be submitted with a completed Visual Arts Entry Label. Please download the labels, cut on the dotted line, print neatly in black ink, and tape a corresponding label to the back of each entry before hanging or displaying the entry. Click here to download the Visual Arts Entry Label.
Four outstanding Teen Arts artists will be awarded a full scholarship to attend Appel Farm Arts Camp for a 2-week session! To be considered for a Salem and Gloucester County Teen Arts Scholarship, the applicant must answer the first question on the application, with “Teen Arts Festival – Salem and Gloucester County”. Please note that Teen Arts applicants do not have to submit proof of income to be considered for a full scholarship. Click here to complete your Scholarship Application.