Family Camp Weekend – FAQ & PACKING LIST
What Should We Do When We Get to Appel Farm?
Pull up to the Dining Hall in your vehicle, and we’ll direct you to your bunk!
What Should We Wear?
You’ll want to wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or covered in paint & glue!
We’ll be making art, playing outside, and doing a lot of moving around. Make sure to check the weather before you leave in the morning and come prepared. The best idea is to dress in layers: wear a t-shirt with a sweatshirt or light jacket, which you can take on and off as needed. And think about bringing raincoats, boots, and umbrellas if it looks like it’s going to rain. Many of our classes will be indoors, but we’ll have plenty to do outside as well, so you’ll want to be prepared!
With classes like yoga, soccer, line dancing, and more, you should ensure that everyone in your group is wearing comfortable shoes and clothing that won’t interfere with the fun!
What Should We Bring?
Here is a suggested packing list, per person:
- Water bottle – you’ll want to stay hydrated during this busy weekend!
- Additional snacks & drinks – to supplement the meals & snacks we provide
- Sunglasses & sunscreen – for outdoor activities on a gorgeous day!
- Card/board games – if you’d like to use them during period of Free Time
- White cotton items to tie-dye (e.g. t-shirt, pillowcase)
- High chairs or booster seats if you have little ones
If you’re staying overnight…
- Sheets & Blankets (for a twin bed) – bring extra blankets if you get cold easily
- 1-2 changes of clothes for the weekend — prepare to get messy!
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, etc.)
- Warm pajamas
- Alarm clock or device with alarm function
- Pack & Play for naptime/sleeping
For the campfire on Saturday night…
- Camping chair, blanket, and/or towel — to sit around the campfire
- Gloves, hats, or scarves — for chilly evenings
- Musical instruments – to play campfire songs!
What Should We Leave at Home?
Please keep all electronics at home, other than a phone (if you want one). No need for computers, DVD players, video games, etc. This retreat is a time to be with each other, to be active and outside, and to make art! Please keep all valuables at home, too. Appel Farm can’t be responsible for anything that gets lost, stolen, damaged, etc.