Jamboree Leadership Camp for 12 – 14 Year Olds
All about air
From March 17-19, girls, ages 12– 14, are invited to participate in Appel Farm’s Jamboree Leadership Camp. For 2 days and 2 nights, Leadership Campers will take part in super fun activities that tap into their creativity WHILE exploring issues relating to the air that we breathe: air quality, sound, breathing, etc.
- Slow down and pay attention to your breathing through participation in a Beginners Yoga Class.
- Learn about the photographic process of Cyanotype using imagery that illustrates the “Urban Forest Initiative”.
- Create a wind chime and learn how sound waves travel through air.
- Measure wind velocity and direction through the creation of a Koinobori Wind Sock.
- Clean the air in your own home and improve your family’s breathing by planting a Terrarium.
- Learn about the benefits of Aromatherapy as you make your own soap.
In addition, Leadership Campers will:
- Participate in an afternoon Tea Party on Saturday
- Enjoy a S’More Bonfire with campfire songs and games
- Participate in a Candle Achievement Ceremony and celebrate with an Ice Cream Sundae party!
The cost is $125 per girl and includes all materials and meals plus cozy, indoor, sleeping accommodations. For more information or to register, please contact Melissa or Tamara at 856-358-2472 or email Melissa at email@example.com. Hurry! Register now! Space is limited.