March 15-17, 2019
We look forward to working with your troop on transformative arts and learning experiences to help build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!
- Juniors & Cadettes (plus any girls in grades 4-8)
- Fun-Filled Weekends at Appel Farm in beautiful, rural South Jersey
- Creative Activities that encourage critical thinking and skill building
- Earn Journeys in workshops designed specifically for Girl Scouts
Journey Jamboree Programming
Juniors and Cadettes are invited to join us for a 2-night camp experience. Located on 115 acres of beautiful fields and woods, Appel Farm is an idyllic (and ideal!) spot for girls to spend time connecting, sharing and learning. Our engaging curriculum is designed to teach girls about science, the environment and social issues through workshops in the visual and performing arts and to help Girl Scouts earn their Girl Scout Achievement Journey awards. Girls have the opportunity to meet other girls from around the tri-state region in a supportive and safe environment that fosters community, personal growth and critical thinking.
- MEdia Journey for Juniors and Cadettes (grades 4-8)
- Scouts $150, Chaperones $70
- Register by 2/1 to save $10 on each Scout!
- Our Chaperone/Girl Ratio is 1:8. Please register an adult chaperone for every 8 girls.
- All inclusive price includes accommodations, delicious and healthy meals and snacks, workshop supplies, and badges.
- Register online here with a non-refundable $200 registration deposit to reserve spots for your estimated number of girls and chaperones.
- We will contact you via email to confirm your numbers on March 1, and your balance will be due by March 15, 2019.
- You can always email us at [email protected] or call us at 856-358-2472 or with questions, to register, or to make payments over the phone.
Our goals for the girls are based on the 6 Cs of Positive Youth Development.
Our over-arching goal for Journey Jamboree is to create a supportive and safe environment that fosters community, personal growth and critical thinking as scouts to explore their Journey topics through engaging and fun arts-based workshops and activities preparing each troop to return home to complete a “Take Action” project in their own community (Contribution).
Read on to find the answer to the important question: “What will my troop gain from Journey Jamboree at Appel Farm?”
- Use the arts as a tool to learn more about various Journey topics (science, the environment and social issues, etc.) (Competence)
- Develop self confidence and self-awareness by learning how art can help express their thoughts and feelings (Confidence)
- Practice kindness and build relationship with troop mates and other scouts through collaborative, community building activities (Connection, Character & Caring)
- Have fun learning through engaging activities
Appel Farm is only 15 minutes from Bridgeton & Mullica Hill, 35 minutes from Philadelphia and Wilmington, and 90 minutes from Princeton, Cape May, and the Easton, PA areas.