Jamborees for Juniors
From March 16 – 18th, Appel Farm will host a weekend Junior Leadership camp based on the ideas presented in the Girl Scout Journey “Get Moving”.
Energy! – GET MOVING!
We are pleased to introduce a new Jamboree for Juniors – Get Moving! Juniors are invited to participate in Appel Farm’s Jamboree Junior Leadership Camp. For 2 days and 2 nights, scouts will take part in super fun activities that tap into their creativity WHILE exploring the environmental issue – ENERGY!
- Learn about conserving energy while assessing the energy efficiency of one of our camp buildings.
- Paper manufacturing is the third largest industrial producers of Greenhouse gases. Learn how to make paper from recycled materials AND learn book-binding skills as you create a hand-bound journal.
- Paper Bags vs. Plastic Bags – what’s the real scoop? Scouts will explore the art of mono printmaking while creating one of a kind works of art from recycled plastic bags.
- Love to dance? Scouts will explore how the body burns energy in the form of calories as they participate in a fun line-dancing party!
- and much, much more!
Gender Roles and Stereotypes: aMUSE!
Juniors are invited to participate in Appel Farm’s Jamboree Junior Leadership Camp. For 2 days and 2 nights, scouts will take part in super fun activities that tap into their creativity WHILE exploring girl power and the role of women and girls in today’s society and in the media.
- Create a Prop Box to store the “props” that tell your aMUSE story
- Interview a professional panel of women in a Press Junket and create a Casting Call log
- Write, produce and star in a mini show that tells a story about female gender roles and stereotypes
- Create a self-portrait Head Shot ala Frida Kahlo
- Collage your own Hollywood Star
In addition, scouts will:
- Make new friends and bond with old in our “Community Clubhouse” which features a comfortable sitting area, games, art activities and more.
- Enjoy a S’More Bonfire with campfire songs and games
- Participate in a Candle Achievement Ceremony and celebrate with an Ice Cream Sundae party!
The cost is $130 per scout and $60 per chaperone and includes all materials and meals plus cozy, indoor, sleeping accommodations. Get Moving: March 16 – 18th, 2018. (Register before February 17th and pay only $120 per scout). For more information or to register, please contact Melissa or Taylor at 856-358-2472 or email Melissa at [email protected]. Hurry! Register now! Space is limited.