WOW – Wonders of Water
- Work with an environmentalist to test the water quality of Appel Farm’s on-site pond and stream
- Participate in a watercolor lesson while learning the science behind rainbows
- Create a Team WOW map with your troop
- Brainstorm conservation ideas with a member of a local water conservation group
- Decorate your own re-usable water bottle and much more
Check out the Important Important Information to Book a Journey Jamboree.
Complete the Troop Introduction form so that Melissa can contact you to discuss your reservation.
Are you curious about Appel Farm’s upcoming WOW Wonders of Water Journey Jamboree weekend? Do you want to know more? To satisfy your curiosity…
From November 13 – November 15, Brownies are invited to participate in Appel Farm’s Girl Scout Journey Jamboree. For 2 days and 2 nights, scouts will take part in super fun activities that tap into their creativity WHILE teaching them the science behind one of Earth’s most valuable natural resources, Water.
In T-Shirt Tie Dye Transformations, Brownies will learn about water solubility while crafting a hippy-chic, one of a kind, beach bag from just a few simple materials – Sharpie markers, rubbing alcohol and a white cotton T-shirt.
During WOW Water Bottle Makeovers, brownies will glam –up a plain re-usable water bottle using crystal rhinestones and gems. They then will create a Duct Tape carrier so they can handily tote around their stylish new water bottle. With a re-usable water bottle conveniently slung around their necks, scouts can practice water conservation by choosing their re-usable water bottle over a disposable one!
WOW Water Bottle Makeovers and T-Shirt Tie Dye Transformations are just two of the fun workshops taking place during Journey Jam! Additionally, scouts will:
- Learn basic bookbinding and create a Freshwater Discovery Journal
- Test the water of our own Lake Inferior and learn about its flora and fauna
- Learn about the science behind Rainbows
- Paint a rainbow using traditional watercolor painting techniques
- Create a Team WOW banner and discover how water is used around the world
- Attend a Tea Party and experiment with liguid, gas and solid water
- Help their sister Junior Girl Scouts to earn their “Share” Badge by watching a performance of mini-plays that were created as part of the Junior aMuse Journey
- Participate in a Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Enjoy a S’More Bonfire with Campfire Songs
- Receive your patches at an Award Ceremony and celebrate with an Ice Cream Sundae party!
The cost is $105 per scout and $55 per chaperone and includes all materials, meals and badges plus cozy, indoor, sleeping accommodations. For more information or to register, please contact Melissa or Zakkiyya at 856-358-2472 or email Melissa [email protected]. Hurry! Register now! Space is limited. The registration deadline is November 11th.