For New Jersey Clearances
The clearances below (I, II) are required and must be updated on a yearly basis.
I. The Morpho-Track system provides both CHRI and Fingerprint based NJ Criminal Record Check
1. Applicant should go here: https://www.njsp.org/about/serv_chrc.html
Scroll down to form C, click on the link and print and complete form C.
The employer address you fill in should be the address of Appel Farm:
Appel Farm Arts & Music Center
457 Shirley Road
P.O. Box 888
Elmer, NJ 08318
2. Schedule your Fingerprinting appointment at https://nj.ibtfingerprint.com/. The information requested of you online to schedule your fingerprinting appears at the top of form C. Web scheduling is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Applicants who do not have Web access should call Morpho Trak at the company’s toll-free telephone number, 1-877-503-5981 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon).
3. At the time of scheduling your appointment, payment will be required. The fee for this service is $41.00. Acceptable methods of payment are credit card, electronic debit check or money order. You are responsible to pay the fees for your background check.
4. Attend your scheduled fingerprint appointment. You must bring form C with you to your scheduled fingerprint appointment. In addition to this form, you must bring proper identification as outlined on the form. The home address that you fill out on the attached form should be the same as the home address printed on the identification that you provide to Morpho Trak Inc. YOUR ADDRESS MUST BE COMPLETE AND ACCURATE IN ORDER TO PROPERLY MAIL BACK THE RESULTS OF YOUR CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK. To ensure accuracy, please legibly complete blocks #9 through #26 on the front of the form prior to scheduling your appointment.
5. Results from your background check will be mailed to you, upon receipt, please provide a copy to Appel Farm for our files.
Any questions regarding the use of this form can be directed to the New Jersey State Police, Criminal Information Unit at 609 882-2000 ext. 2918.
II. Dept of Public Welfare Child Abuse Report – All Teaching Artists hired by Appel Farm must obtain this report, which is currently only available through the State of PA
The Process – Online (recommended):
1. To obtain a Child Abuse History Clearance, you can complete the process online, but must pay $10 with a credit card. Go here: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/Public/home.
2. Create a new account.
3. Submit a request for a Child Abuse History Clearance.
4. You will be emailed when results are available. Please log-in, print your certificate and provide a copy of it to Appel Farm.
The Process – By Mail:
1. If you do not have/want to use a credit card to pay online for your Child Abuse History Clearance, you must submit a request form. Go here:
https://www.dhs.state.pa.us/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/S_001762 to download the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance form.
2. Instructions on how to fill out each section of the form can be found at:
3. One copy must be sent with a $10.00 money order only. Do not send cash or personal checks.
After completion mail to:
Childline and Abuse Registry
Department of Public Welfare
P.O. Box 8170 Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
5. Results will be mailed to you within 14 days from the date that the clearance is received. After you receive your document in the mail, please provide a copy to Appel Farm.