After School Enrichment
Arts Lab immerses students, grades K – 6, in Visual Arts or Arts + Technology for 10 week sessions in the Spring and Fall. Our session kicks off with Family Fun Day, then participants rotate through four 2-week classes and concludes with a celebratory Showcase. Classes are taught by our team of professional Teaching Artists in our modern studios and facilities. Arts Lab allows kids to not only develop their artistic skills and to express themselves, it also offers a creative, enriching and affordable alternative to traditional school after care. The curriculum for Arts Lab changes every session with new projects and new classes. Students can enroll in consecutive sessions of Arts Lab and learn something new every time. Students are grouped with kids of similar age and grade; class lessons and projects vary according to age and skill level.
Arts Lab, Spring 2019
- March 11 – May 13, 2019
- Mondays, 4:30 – 6:00 pm*
(Please note new time)
- Class sizes are limited. Click below to register your child today!
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transportation to and from Appel Farm.
Visual Arts Track
Creating Comics, Sculpture, Printmaking, and Ceramic Jewelry
- $100 per student, includes all materials.
- Grades K-6
Arts +Technology Track
Adventures in Coding
- $100 per student, $20 for materials.
- Grades 1-6
Our goals for your child are based on the 6 Cs of Positive Youth Development.
Your child will have a transformative experience at Arts Lab. Read on to find the answer to the important question: “What will my child gain from a Arts Lab at Appel Farm?”
- Your child will explore new art forms and develop their creative and artistic skills (Competence)
- Your child will develop self confidence and self-awareness by learning how art can help express their thoughts and feelings (Confidence)
- Your child will practice kindness with classmates and make new friends (Connection, Character & Caring)
- Your child will have fun learning through engaging activities (Because learning at Appel Farm is fun!)
- Your child will share work and celebrate arts and learning at a celebratory Showcase (Contribution)