- April 6th: Brownies earn their Painting and Potters Badges. Juniors earn their Drawing and Jewelry Badges.
- April 7th: Brownies earn their Dance and Outdoor Art Creators Badges. Juniors earn their Gardeners and Outdoor Art Explorers Badges.
- Stay for both nights and earn 4 badges per troop level plus a special Appel Farm Arts Camp Artist Badge.
- April Arrive Friday night at 6:30pm and settle into your cozy dormitory style room which features a fully equipped indoor bathroom and mattressed bunkbeds. All you need is a sleeping bag and pillow! Programming begins at 8pm with a campfire.
- A campfire, complete with campfire skits, songs and s’mores.
- Saturday and Sunday mornings: wake up to breakfast, followed by morning badge workshops and lunch.
- After lunch, the overnight concludes with an Achievement Ceremony and an ice cream sundae party!
- Only $75 per scout and $35 per chaperone! Reserve by March 1st and receive a $5 discount (That’s only $70 per scout! Discount does not apply to chaperones.) All inclusive pricing includes accommodations, 2 meals, s’mores, ice cream, and all workshop materials. (Cost for both nights: $150 per scout, $70 per chaperone. Early registration discount: $140 per scout.)
- Chaperone/Girl Ratio: Brownies: 1:6 and Juniors: 1:8 – one additional chaperone for each additional 8 girls. Note: If a troop requires a second room due to the number of girls within the troop, two additional chaperones will be required, per Volunteer Essential guidelines.
- Register online or call 856/358-2472. Registration deposits are required and are the equivalent of the fee for one scout and one chaperone. Registration deposits are non-refundable.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact Melissa Tevere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located on 115 acres of beautiful woods & open fields, Appel Farm is only 15 minutes from Bridgeton & Mullica Hill, 35 minutes from Philadelphia and Wilmington, and 90 minutes from Princeton, Cape May, and the Easton, PA areas. We look forward to working with your troop to transform their lives and to help you build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place!
Saturday Workshop – Juniors – Drawing Badge
Juniors will hone their observational skills and learn about shading and one-point perspective as they design their own brand of candy.
Saturday Workshop – Juniors – Jewelry Badge
Juniors will learn how to duplicate the ancient art of making Millefiori beads (italian for “a million flowers) using Sculpey in place of the traditional glass. With their beads, they will make a necklace and a pin.
Saturday Workshop – Brownies – Potters Badge
Using handbuilding techniques, Brownies will create their own unique slab, coil and pinch pot work of art which they will then embellish with stamping, engraving and colorful glazes.
Saturday Workshop – Brownies – Painters Badge
To earn their Painters Badge, each Brownie will create a 12″ x 12″ mixed media painting using wax resist, acrylic paints, baubles, beads and other fun and decorative materials.
Sunday Workshop – Brownies – Outdoor Art Creator Badge
Brownies will learn how to create a nature silhouette sun print using fabric, acrylic paint, found objects and the sun.
Sunday Workshop – Juniors – Outdoor Art Explorer Badge
Juniors will learn the art of weaving by building their own loom and weaving into it natural materials. What a wonderful way to bring the outdoors indoors!