A Virtual After School Program
4th-8th Grade Students
March 30-May 14 2020
7 Weeks of Online Classes
Arts Lab available for K-3rd Graders too!
Each class will be held from 4:00-5:30pm live on Zoom. Choose one club, or one each day of the week for 14 weeks!
STIR: Culinary & Baking Club — An after school club that is seriously tasty! Develop, build upon, and sharpen your culinary and baking skills. Cook a savory dish and bake a sweet treat while learning to be a chef.
Arts Lab — Arts Lab for K-3rd graders is a great introduction to STEAM Labs!
Classes include Creative Movement & Three Dimensional Art!
Trendsetters: Costume & Fashion Design — Learn to think creatively and turn a fashion idea into a finished garment, while learning new practical skills. Students celebrate their new creations on the runway!!!
Focused: Photography Club — Get focused! Start by learning how cameras work and how to load film. Study composition, subject, and lighting, and shoot photos using new knowledge of f-stops and shutter speed. Develop film and make prints in one of two darkrooms on campus.
SUPER HAPPY Comics & Anime ULTRA Club — Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, and Naruto are just touching the surface of Anime. Join and learn the skills to become a comic/anime artist. Discover how to incorporate the style and characteristics of anime into your own drawings.
Arts Lab for younger students!
Arts Lab for K-3rd graders on Mondays is a great introduction to STEAM Labs! Classes include Create Like the Greats, Creative Movement, and Ceramics!
Arts Lab immerses K–3rd graders in the Visual and Performing Arts for 7 weeks of transformative arts and learning! Students rotate through all three classes. Arts Lab kids develop their artistic skills, learn to express themselves, and have fun! It’s a creative, enriching, and affordable alternative to traditional after-school care..
Our goals for your child are based on the 6 Cs of Positive Youth Development.
Your child will have a transformative experience at STEAM Labs. Read on to find the answer to the important question: “What will my child gain from STEAM Labs at Appel Farm?”
- Your child will explore new art forms and develop their creative and artistic skills (Competence)
- Your child will develop self confidence and self-awareness by learning how art can help express their thoughts and feelings (Confidence)
- Your child will practice kindness with classmates and make new friends (Connection, Character & Caring)
- Your child will have fun learning through engaging activities (Because learning at Appel Farm is fun!)
- Your child will share work and celebrate arts and learning at a celebratory Showcase (Contribution)