Connecting with Students
Appel Farm’s highly qualified teaching artists love connecting with students as they transform teaching and learning in the arts through one, or a series of sessions, in creative writing, dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. We offer customized programs to meet your needs in the following formats:
- School Events
- Artist Residencies
- Field Trips and Retreats
- After School and Summer Enrichment
There are so many benefits to bringing an arts education program to your school! Here are just a few:
- Residencies are a wonderful way for students to pursue deep exploration and understanding of a particular art form. Our programs are available during the school day, after school, and during the summer. Programs are designed to take place at your school. However, during the academic year arrangements can be made for you to visit Appel Farm and have a program at our beautiful, professional visual arts, theatre or dance studios, turning your residency into a memorable field trip.
- Process, product, history, artistic expression and fun are all essential elements of Creative Connections. Our programs are taught by highly qualified, professional teaching artists whose top priority is connecting with students. All of our programs are aligned with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards in the Visual and Performing Arts, and other content areas when applicable. At Appel Farm, we believe that all people have innate artistic ability waiting to be discovered and cultivated. It is our mission to provide people of all ages, cultures and economic backgrounds with a supportive, cooperative, environment in which to explore the fine and performing arts.
- Research shows that students with an education rich in the arts have higher GPAs and standardized test scores, lower drop-out rates, and even better attitudes about community service. Booking a residency with Appel Farm is an easy and fun way to provide your students with high-quality arts education opportunities.
Book Your Program in Six Simple Steps
Choose your residency from the menus below. From Abstract Painting to Zambian Percussion, we’ve got you covered!
Select your program and call (856) 358 – 2472 or email Kerri Sullivan, Director of Arts Education & Outreach at ksul[email protected] to reserve your date and time.
We will sit down and work out all of the fun details: goals, school involvement, culminating events and advocacy for your program.
Let the fun and learning begin!
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. Prior to the start of your workshop or residency, you will be invoiced and payment is expected two weeks in advance of your start date. If a workshop or residency needs to be rescheduled, we will work with you to find a new date and time. Prices and programs are subject to change.
Appel Farm will be with you every step of the way! Your goals are our goals.
Creative Connection Menus
- High School – High School Residencies & High School Workshops
- Middle School – Middle School Residencies & Middle School Workshops
- Elementary School – Elementary School Residencies & Elementary School Workshops
- Mural Residency
Contact Kerri Sullivan, Director of Arts Education & Outreach for more information.