Jamborees for Seniors
A Community for Girls – Girltopia
Inspired by the ideas presented in Girltopia, scouts will delve into the social issues that directly affect GIRLS. Together, troops will participate in discussions that challenge them to consider what does and does not make a community girl-friendly. From those discussions, a collaborative piece of public installation art will be created which they will present at an “Art Opening” on Sunday afternoon. Scouts will also be asked to think about places in their own hometowns where they could recreate this installation and they will be given the necessary tools to take this project out into the larger world.
- Mandala Making
- Dream Catcher Construction
- a Presentation by Philadelphia-based Social Activists and Installation Artists
- Enjoy a S’More Bonfire with campfire songs and games
- Celebrate the weekend with a Candle Achievement Ceremony and enjoy an Ice Cream Sundae party!
- Make new friends and bond with old in our “Community Clubhouse” which features a comfortable sitting area, games, art activities and more.
The cost is $130 per scout and $60 per chaperone and includes all materials, and meals plus cozy, indoor, sleeping accommodations. Our next GIRLTOPIA Journey will be held from March 16 – 18, 2018. For more information or to register, please contact Melissa or Taylor at 856-358-2472 or email Melissa at [email protected]
Register before February 17th and pay only $120 per scout!