Virtual Salem & Gloucester County Teen Arts Festival
Virtual Adjudication: Entries Due May 22, 2020
Appel Farm is also offering Virtual Adjudication. Please read the submission guidelines and best practices below for next steps.
How to save and send your Virtual Entry
- Save Virtual Entry Files as School Name_StudentName_Art Form_County.pdf, for example:
- If you haven’t already, submit Entry Forms for each entry (piece of art, ensemble, etc.) to be adjudicated.
- Forward the Teen Arts Entry Form confirmation email you received to [email protected] with the corresponding entry file attached and named as per the guidelines no later than May 22, 2020. If you do not have a copy of your Teen Arts Entry Form, please put the Student First and Last Name, and title of the piece in the subject line of the email, like Leonardo da Vinci, Mona Lisa.
How to prepare your Virtual Entry
- Select the Art Form for which you would like to prepare a Virtual Entry.
- Review the Adjudication Rubric for the Art Form for which you will be submitting your entry. This will give you a stronger understanding of what the Adjudicators will be considering when reviewing submissions.
- Write, Create, or Rehearse your Virtual Entry.
- Finalize, Record, and Save your Virtual Entry as a Digital File, for example:
- Performances (.MP4/.MOV), Visual Arts (.JPG) and/or Writings (.PDF)
- OR, Submit your performance via Youtube link. Be sure to mark your videos “UNLISTED” on Youtube so that we can see them, but no one else can. Use the same labeling criteria above for naming your Youtube entry.
Virtual Showcase & Adjudication Tips
All submissions should be thoroughly prepared, reviewed and rehearsed prior to submitting for Virtual Adjudication.
A limited number of students will be selected in each art form category from each county to showcase at the NJ State Teen Arts Festival, SO SHOW YOUR BEST!
- Proof read your submission numerous times.
- Save as .PDF
- Video is recording horizontal (if using phone)
- Clear Sound Recording (limit background noise)
- Good Bright Lighting
- Clear Visibility of all Performers at all times
- Instrumentalists – video includes visibility of hands/posture
- Save as .MP4, .MOV, or via Youtube
Visual Arts Entries:
- For best results, take photographs of your artwork in natural lighting and with a plain background.
- 3D Work – submit multiple photos from several angles.
- Save all visual arts entries as a .JPG
- All films should be no longer than 10 minutes long.
- Downloads should be in .MP4 or or .MOV file format.
- Files can be sent through EMAIL or a WETRANSFER LINK.
- Alternative ways of submitting are available by UPLOADING to YOUTUBE or VIMEO and Sending us the Link to your film.
- Things To Check:
- All audio levels are mixed correctly.
- All cuts are done well and intentionally.
- All transitions are smooth or purposeful.
- Don’t forget your credits.
- Please submit a 1-2 sentence synopsis or “elevator pitch” of your film, as well.
Submissions will be due by: May 22, 2020
Our team of artists will adjudicate virtually and release nominees in early June. Please disregard any other dues dates you see on Entry Forms and confirmations. Appel Farm will adjudicate any entries received by May 22nd.